Although I retired from "active" academia in July, 2014, I am still currently working on a couple of projects.Mary Kite and I are revising our book, The Psychology of Prejudice and Discrimination, for Psychology Press, and Mary and I are updating out 1996 meta-analysis of gender differences in attitudes toward lesbians and gay men.
The computer running this site insists that I write more, so here it is: yadda, yadda, yadda.
- Causal Attribution
- Ethics and Morality
- Gender Psychology
- Person Perception
- Prejudice and Stereotyping
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Sexuality, Sexual Orientation
- Keith-Speigel, P., Wittig, A. F., Perkins, D. V., Balogh, D. W., & Whitley, B. E., Jr. (1993). The ethics of teaching: A casebook. Muncie, IN: Ball State University Press.
- Whitley, B. E., Jr., & Keith-Spiegel, P. (2002). Academic dishonesty: An educator's guide. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Whitley, B. E., Jr., & Kite, M. E. (2013). Principles of research in behavioral science (3rd ed.). New York: Routledge.
- Whitley, B. E., & Kite, M. E. (2010). The psychology of prejudice and discrimination (2nd ed.). Belmont, CA: Thomson/Wadsworth.
- Wiederman, M. W., & Whitley, B. E., Jr. (Eds.). (2002). Handbook for conducting research on human sexuality. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Blankenship, K. L., & Whitley, B. E., Jr. (2000). The relationship of general deviance to academic dishonesty. Ethics and Behavior, 8, 1-12.
- Keith-Spiegel, P., Tabachnick, B. G., Whitley, B. E., Jr., & Washburn, J. (1998). Why do professors ignore cheating? Opinions of a national sample of psychology instructors. Ethics and Behavior, 8, 215-227.
- Whitley, B. E., Jr. (1999). Right-wing authoritarianism, social dominance orientation, and prejudice. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 77, 126-134.
- Whitley, B. E., Jr. (1998). Factors associated with cheating among college students: A review. Research in Higher Education, 39, 235-274.
- Whitley, B. E., Jr., & Aegisdottir, S. (2000). The gender belief system, authoritarianism, social dominance orientation, and heterosexuals’ attitudes toward lesbians and gay men. Sex Roles, 42, 947-967.
- Whitley, B. E., Jr., & Lee, S. E. (2000). Relationships of authoritarianism and related constructs to attitudes toward homosexuality. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 30, 144-170.
- Whitley, B. E., Jr., Nelson, A. B., & Jones, C. J. (1999). Gender differences in cheating attitudes and classroom cheating behavior: A meta-analysis. Sex Roles, 41, 657-60.
Department of Psychological Science
Ball State University
Muncie, Indiana 47306
- Phone: (765) 285-1690
- Fax: (765) 285-1702